[BTC-dev] filename mutilation abolished

Juraj Variny juraj at coinbr.com
Fri Jan 15 00:17:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

from now on, I have finally removed filename mutilation from new messages
in btc-dev archives. Attachments will be renamed numerically only if
the names clash on the same day.

It still tracks all attachments by SHA-1 of the contents (in case
of clearsigned text, it hashes output of gpg --decrypt), as antispam
measure -- it will reject posts with same clearsigned contents
as already exist, so please be verbose.

V support (automatic collecting of patches and signatures) and
publishing automatically updated mbox export is underway.